RTA Spirit of Tennis Scholarship
About the Scholarship
Tennis is a wonderful sport with proven benefits to the overall and long-term health of the mind and body. Tennis encourages teamwork, compassion for others, a strong work ethic, physical fitness, civic engagement, leadership and many other positive attributes. Tennis also engages all types of athletes and facilitates lifelong bonds of friendship.
RTA launched the scholarship program to support Raleigh residents pursuing post-secondary education whose lives in and out of the classroom and on and off the court, reflect the spirit of tennis. A maximum of three (3) scholarships, in the amounts of $2,500, $1,500, and $1,000 will be awarded to high school seniors. From May 5th through May 23nd, RTA will accept applications for the 2023 scholarship program. Applications will be reviewed by an RTA committee and recommended to the RTA Board of Directors for approval. Selected winners will be announced in June 2023. (Scholarships will be sent directly to the colleges/universities where awardees are enrolled.)
Criteria for Prospective Scholarship Awardees
- Must be a current resident of the city of Raleigh.
- Must attend high school in Raleigh and be on track to graduate by June 2023.
- Must provide proof of acceptance and intent to enroll in a 2-year or 4-year college or university by the Fall 2023.
- Must be able to demonstrate participation in tennis leagues, tournaments, programs or other special events/activities recognized by RTA.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA as of the end of the fall semester 2022; must provide a current transcript.